Don’t throw those coffee grounds away, check out these 5 tips for re-using them! 🗑 ♻️ 🌱
- 🪴 Your garden will be like a kid on Christmas morning if you sprinkle your leftover coffee grounds on them. Boy, will they grow! You see, coffee grounds contain several key minerals for plant growth – nitrogen, calcium, potassium…the list goes on.
- 🪱 Here you were thinking humans were the only ones who liked coffee grounds. Well, well, well, we’re here to tell you our worm friends love them, so give ’em a lil treat and yippee for your garden.
- ☀️ Summer is well and truly (sorta ☔️) here and those lil mozzies and fruit flies are out and about. Just pop some coffee grounds in a bowl or even sprinkle outdoors as it repels some insects.
- 👃 Pong! You open the fridge and there’s definitely something that has come back from the dead in there…we’re looking at you old wrinkly apple! Place a bowl of coffee grounds to neutralise odours or even just fill an old (clean) sock and place that in the fridge.
- 🚿 Oh yes friends, we see you there eyeing up the scrubs in the beauty section. Save your pennies, the rough particles in coffee grounds work as an exfoliant! Just mix with a bit of water or even some coconut oil if you fancy a quick escape (in your dreams 😅) to Fiji.🥥
You know what else is reusable?
Our Fat Poppy pods! 🙌 They’re biodegradable, compostable, and 100% guilt-free.
Our pods are made entirely from sugarcane and sugar beet – that means the entire pod is made from plant materials. Say whaaaat?! No joke. The entire pod can be chewed up and spat out by our little microbial friends leaving behind biomass, CO2 and water.